Getting prepared for next month's SB swap, which would be my first! Ordered adorable vellum mini envelopes and buttons. Got the buttons from Busy Beaver. Their website is awesome, and they really are good, fast, and cheap! Great place. Was also happy to find that a couple of the people behind Busy Beaver are RISD alums. It's always a nice fact to find.
It's been rough lately. Things with the Sig. O. are not very good. Whenever we go through long periods of time not speaking to each other, it reminds me of my senior year of high school, when my boyfriend at the time went to college and after not calling for a little while, decided that he didn't love me anymore. It's not a good feeling.
I'm awaiting a couple of reviews, one from Mommies With Style and Thrifty Boutique Jewelry. I hope they're good. =)
Recently discovered Emiliana Torrini and I love her. New fav. song: Sunny Road. Also really really want Jem's album, Finally Woken. Eee.
Since the launch of the shop, I've been scrambling to do a bunch of things. I realized I was burning myself out though, so I had a nice break this past weekend at a friend's house. A lovely slumber party that lasted 2 days.
Now that I'm back, there's lots to do:
- Clean. This place is started to be unbearable.
- Work on the Spring/Summer line.
- Finish the Press Kit
- Send out samples for various fashion places to review.
- Finish the Sig. O's website
Photo: A sneak peak of things to come.
I'm running a sale right now on a bunch of things in the etsy shop, with free domestic shipping! All of this is for a limited time, before I fill up the shop with other stuff and remove all winter things.
This is a little late, but I wanted to share the postcards I received. It's so cool to get postcards from all over the world!
Clockwise, starting from top left:
thanks all you guys, I loved them~ =D
been tagged by mimie!
Four jobs you have had in your life:
1. Working @ the Plant Lady for 2 summers [mostly hid in the big fridge, smelling the roses]
2. Telemarketer for RISD
3. Production Assistant for apparel [women's]
4. Freelance illustrator & jewelry designer
Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. Sweet Home Alabama
2. Legally Blonde [love reese witherspoon, can ya tell?]
3. Lilo & Stitch
4. Italian Job
Four places you have lived:
1. Brooklyn, NY
2. Elmhurst, NY
3. Lake Success, NY
4. Providence, RI
Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. Sex and the City
3. CSI, Bones, any other type of forensic/crime fighting shows
4. Grey's Anatomy
Four places you have been on vacation:
2. Various places in the US
Four websites I visit daily:
1. A billion blogs
2. various forums
3. my shops
4. indie stores, so I can drool over how cool everything is
Four of my favourite foods:
1. chicken pot pie
2. almost any kind of pasta
3. honey bunches of oats cereal [although right now I'm cheating on it with Life]
4. Noodle soups
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. in Atlanta, where the Sig. O is at the moment
2. [Insert warm vacation spot here]
So I did a trade with a wonderful seamstress-- a logo for some sewn stuff. But I didn't know what to choose, so she came up with this amazing apron for me:
Perfect for business cards!
Knitting needle pockets, wow.
One of her ceramic buttons!
One of 2 big pockets..
And the other big pocket.
I am in love.
----- ALSO: Got a review from Indieshopping.com. Check it out. =)